Help me, porn popups.

I am having trouble, with porn popups on my computer lately. My 5 year old plays on here alot, i do monitor what he plays, but if i look on the bottom there is sites, like sexfinder etc, its happened a few times, is there any filters or parental control software i could use, possibly for free or trials. please please help..

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 5:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• use the help feature on your browser to find out how to disable popups
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You can go to the CM group Computer Moms Computer Heaven and ask PinkSodaPop. She knows everything about computer stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You also need to look up and make sure that you have not accidentally downloaded anything that automatically runs...if you have, the option that autodidact suggested will not work...go to your task manager (press ctrl+alt+delete) and choose task manager and see if anything says ads or even what the popup name is, also go to add/remove programs in your control panel and see if anything strange is there and remove it from the computer...these things can be innocently downloaded hidden inside a song download.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My husband is a computer analyst and I had the same trouble with my PC and it took him an entire Saturday to fix it. He had to back up my files, strip my computer down, and reinstall everything. What you have is spyware on your machine and if you try to delete it yourself, it will just imbed itself in a different file. You will have to have a computer expert fix it. Since you don't have the luxury of being married to an IT professional like myself, my advice would be to take it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy. They'll fix it up for you and can be trusted.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 6:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• first get yourself some antivirus/spyware software( i highly recommend trend micro)...install... clear out all the junk.. delete your cookies,temp internet files..etc... then get yourself some family safe filter stuff for your computer so he's not getting into stuff like that.
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i have webroot internet security and it blocks all the popups and even the ads that show on websites they do not show up at all on most site.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• If you have Internet Explorer, go to the Tools button on the right hand side (where the printer icon is). It will drop down and choose pop-up blocker. Turn it on. Exit out of IE so you will set the change. That should help.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You may have a virus. Update and run your antivirus

Answer by rkoloms at 12:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2009