Need help

im 25 weeks today and my feet are swallon bad what do i need to do to help them un swell im only 17 and my 1st pregnacy scard :(

Mallorysmom903

Asked by Mallorysmom903 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you swell a lot sometimes when pregnant. i got so swollen i had THANKLES...from my thigh to my ankles me arms hands face everything was swollen it would indent about an inch if i pushed on it. it was disgusting they tested me 3 times for toxemia but it came back negative. just bring it up to your dr next time and s/he will probably say its normal or if its really severe he may test you for toxemia as well. but in the mean time.. walk often but don't over do it, elevate your feet, and drink lots of water. try to avoid too much heat, it can trigger more swelling. gl!

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Check your blood pressure. Soak your feet in epsom salt bath. Elevate your feet and relax.
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 5:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• First take a deep breath. I was 17 with my 1st also, so I know how scarey it is. Lots of women swell try drinking more water and cutting back on salt. But you might want to check with your Dr. to be on the safe side. Don't feel embarassed I bugged my Dr. night and day with all 4 of mine.!! If you ever want to talk send me a messege. Like I said I know how it is to be a teen mom.
    mommix4

Answer by mommix4 at 6:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• relax, drink a lot of water, put your feet up, I swelled so bad with my first, basically after she was born within the first week I dropped 36lbs of water weight, it was horrible. Foot massages also feel great and they help a little with the swelling it will break everything up. Good Luck
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009