I am having a miscarriage, and I have some questions, please help???

I had been bleeding pretty steadily with cramping and clots for about a week. When I went to the doctor she said that my cervix was starting to open. She told me that it looks like my body is taking care of it on its own. She then told me that the baby would pass soon and then I would bleed for a while like a heavy period. I guess I'm just confused because for the past few days I have only had some mild spotting and just a little cramping. I don't think that the baby has passed. I'm just so confused. I didn't think that I would stop bleeding. Will things change soon so that I pass the baby or does it sound like its ending? Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts are appreciated!

mazonmom

Asked by mazonmom at 6:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can't help in this matter other than to say that my prayers are with you. I am so sorry
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm so sorry. It's so lonely while going through a miscarriage.

What a miscarriage is like depends on how far along the pregnancy is. It may be like a period or it may be much worse. If the pregnancy is far enough along you might be able to see the fetus on the pad or in the toilet. It will be very upsetting and your SO or whoever is with you may not know what to do or say and may not be as empathetic as they should be.

Doctors usually say wait 3 months to try again. My second and third children were both conceived right after miscarriages.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• First i do want to apologize about your little one I have had two myself Women differ so it is kind of hard to tell i had my miscarriages it hurt for at least 2 days cramps here and there and then little bits of spotting within hour's it changed and i had Strong cramps that made me double over.they say Bleeding will usually follow quickly. Heavy bleeding that soaks a pad in a few hours or less i never had it was very light with my first and then yes i had a Passage of tissue, resembling large thick blood clots in the earliest weeks up to pinkish/grayish material, sometimes like long strings, this can happen with or without cramps or pain i did not have any pain TMI i know...very sorry once again
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am sorry.

It might be a good idea to call your doctor and discuss it with them.

Answer by Bmat at 6:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Thanks ladies for the sympathy and the answers. I am planning on calling my doctor I just thought I would ask it on here first. Thanks for the nice thoughts, it has been a very rough week!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that you lost your baby
    I too lost my baby last month...My miscarriage this time sounds alot like yours. I bled really bad and had terrible cramps and big clots for about a week and then light spotting. I wasn't really far along this time. How far along where you?

I also had a miscarriage at 3mos almost 2 yrs ago
    and the pain was close to labor pains and I was on pain meds that didn't help at home. I bled and cramped horribly 4 about 2 weeks but I lost the baby within 12 hrs of the start of bleeding...

I will be praying for you
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• First, I would like to say I am very sorry.
    I had a spontaneous miscarriage and I just went through an ectopic (where I kept my tube and passed the baby).

Let me say you probably have already passed the baby without knowing. During my experience I had the most horrible urge to have a bowel movement, during that time is when I passed the baby. I do not know how far along you are but depending on that, it will definitely determine how more likely you are to notice having the baby.

Again I am very sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• sorry that I cant help here but I'm very sorry that you have to go through this your in my preys.
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 8:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I was only 7.5 weeks so maybe I did already pass the baby without knowing it. I think I will wait until Monday and then call the doctor and see what she says. Thanks for all of the prayers, I really appreciate it!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009