Can anyone suggest the best swaddle blanket?

Can anyone suggest the best swaddle blanket? I am looking at Target and there are so many to choose from....

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a square blanket works fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• The Miracle Blanket
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:21 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would not recommend a blanket. I know that when my 3 year old was born they wrapped her in blanket's which of course is what i grew up with.When my Bella Button was born they wrapped her in a jacket / blanket it was safe comfy and easy to undo and it fit her until around 6 months of age. I forget what they are called just google it and i am sure some mommy on here knows what their called it is right on the tip of my tongue i just cannot think lol

Either way any strechy blanket would work fine, i stayed away from real fuzzy blanket's because i didn't want her to choke on a fuzz ball but eh. that is just me!

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Does anyone know anything about "The Sleep Sack Swaddle Blankets?"
    babyphillips210

Answer by babyphillips210 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Baby George (walmart I think) had the LARGEST recieving blankets, which worked GREAT for us because my little one was so long when she was born, so they lasted a while. We didn't like the ones that velcro, etc. because they were too confusing, and they were all different.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We used receiving blankets and fastened them with diaper pins. I think that this was the cheapest route.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I use the Swaddle brand sleep sack swaddle blankets and my newborn son LOVES them. He sleeps best when in one, plus I don't have to worry about a regular blanket coming undone and covering his face. I think the ones I got were around $20, but very worth it. I have 3!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• You honestly don't need a special swaddle blanket. Regular blankets work just fine.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 11:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009