Does this spell trouble for Obama and the dems?

CBO: Budget deficit hit record $1.4T in 2009

Highest level since WWII.

The White House says it wants deficits in the next few years to stabilize at or below 3 percent of GDP. But by the White House's own estimates released in August -- which predicted deficits averaging about 4 percent through the rest of the decade -- it would take several hundreds of billions of dollars in new taxes or spending curbs to just get the deficit down to 3 percent of GDP

All this spending when doing nothing would have led to stability way quicker.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This all seems so familiar.  confused

Anonymous

• They want the dollar to not be worth anything, once that happens our government debt will no longer exist! See the reason all these countries are so willing to give us our money is to get rid of it because it is nothing but paper now! Soon you won't be able to buy foreign products with the dollar...then it will drastically drop in worth and we will be left with nothing.
    All that paper some of you think you have in your account wait till the day (which is soon) the dollar is obsolete. It will be worth as much as if I cut up a piece of paper and drew a face on it.

Once it hits 4% the dollar will be obsolete...the governments debt will disappear and americans will be left with worthless paper.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• This is exactly what the Obama administration wants!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't know. Was there a surplus I did not know about prior to the Obama administration? Or was this country sinking further into debt and he only added to it like other presidents have?
    Anonymous

• Crissy you are right. They are going to crash the dollar and institute martial law in order to institute a coup. Bash me if you wish, I don't care. So many of you are clueless about finance and I am not talking about the money in your checking account. Our govt is making a very calculated move to spend us into insolvency and in the ensuing chaos the country will be ripe for a takeover. It isn't just Obama though. I am not sure who is pulling the strings. I just see all the wrong things being done willfully.

We are perilously close to a financial crisis, the magnitude of which hasn never been seen in the US. The Confederacy experienced it though. You can read a little REAL southern history to find out what is coming.

We just paid a good sized lump on our mortgage. I have enough food and basic supplies to last for more than a year.

Honestly, I am not sure if we can stop this.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

***
    What Obama has spent in the first FOUR MONTHS of his Presidency was more that ALL PRESIDENTS COMBINED!!! That's CHANGE for yah! *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:06 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Funny, Bush's deficit was earth-shatteringly high. Then Obama doubled it, and now the deficit is acceptably low.

More Koolaid, please.  I wanna understand what the Libs are seeing.  A little LSD in the Koolaid, me thinks. 

Anonymous

• . A little LSD in the Koolaid, me thinks.
    LOL far out man
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Do you know what will turn all of this around and return the US to her glorious self? The people. We the People must stand up and make our voices heard. Speak your mind. We have to take our country and our government back. Go to a rally and be part of something.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• This government is so out of control it makes my head spin! I can't even keep up with their daily shenanigans anymore! I feel the way Pelosi did when she rolled her eyes at Reid! Get ready for the mark of the beast...in order for that to happen we have to become a cashLESS society! 

“He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” Revelation 13:16-17  

When you are required by law to get the mark of the beast and when you can’t buy or sell without it how will you live?  The GOVERNMENT will provide for you...that is, IF you have their mark.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009