THE COWARDLY SNEAK ATTACK AT IN AND OUT BURGER

Next time you go to In-N-Out Burger, pick up a soft drink cup, turn it upside down and look on the inside rim. You will see John 3:16. It is literally the smallest part of the cup, and if you think they chose it for no particular reason then you're an idiot. It's intentional, covert, and the act of a coward.

Now, the fine folks at In-N-Out would have a Sunday school teacher armed with various written propaganda stationed at the front door of each of their restaurants if they actually thought it would convert people, but they're not quite that stupid. They know that all the patrons want is a burger, some fries, and a diet Coke -- and they want it fast so they can get the hell out of there. So the owners cut their losses and and took what they could get.

Like cowards, they decided to force (albeit covertly) their unsuspecting patrons to take a little bit of god with them.

WHY DO THIS? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that IhartU has a problem with christianity because christianity has a problem with her beliefs. There's only so much that a person can take from one particular person or group before you start to hate them. And she does have a point... if we put the Wiccan Rede on the inside of a happy meal bag you can bet some Christian would freak the fump out and get everyone boycotting until they took it off. Just because Christianity is the majority religion in the US doesn't mean we who are not christian should just have to swallow stuff like this (no pun intended).

I do still support the first ammendment, though, and it's important enough to me that I put up with things like this. Hell, I'd put up with a huge cross and a verse on my cup because it means someone is exercising their rights. But that doesn't mean that the OP doesn't ALSO have the right to voice her dislike of this :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• A passage from the bible isn't going to change anyone who doesn't have an interest in changing their beliefs. This is a little too paranoid for me, personally. They can have it in flashing neon lights and its not going to change anyone or have any effect on someone who doesn't have faith in God.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• COOL

too bad I don't have one of those around here. Never heard of it but I will go to it if I did.

I went to the grocery store once the bags had scriptures on them. Quit looking for something to gripe about lady.
    Anonymous

• SO they can get you all riled up!! LOL! Ok so I have been going to In N Out for YEARS and would have never looked on the bottom of their cups if you would not have said anything. Who honestly inspects every cup from a fast food place?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• haha LOL you have nothing better to do than an inspection of a fast food joint cup?

get a life
    Anonymous

• I just don't get why they have to 'sneak' it in. Does it make them feel better? Do they think they are spreading the word of god? Do they think by placing the verse on the bottom of a cup of Pepsi they are reserving a spot in heaven?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:14 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I didn't find it dumb ass, I don't even know what the hell an in and out burger is. IT'S A NEWS STORY. Why aren't you jumping on the freak who actually came up with desperate attempt at evangelizing? I know, because it's easier to attack me, right?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Maybe the owner just likes that verse. A lot of Christians have a personal verse that they write after they sign their name in a letter or a card or what not. You are reading WAY too much in to this...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Meh, actually there are several restaurants that do that.

I don't really care. Wonder what someone would think if it was a penticle on the bottom of the cup.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 7:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't get why you give a pluck.

Why did they sneak it in? Because they wanted to. Why are you inspecting a cup and cowing out over stupid verse?
    Anonymous