Can you name five people who have had the swine flu?

Just wondering if anyone out there actually knows someone who has had or currently has the swine flu. Because I sometimes feel the media is making this out to be worse than it really is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• my son, me, a girl from my dance class, a boy from school, my daughters bf, +++
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i hope you don't get it. because it is awful!
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I know 2 kids, and an adult. They shut down my nieces kindergarten class because a child had it, and we were told a bunch of kids in my children's school had it, but it was very hush hush. The school board didnt want the info released.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I think the the whole scare thing at first was because it was new and we didn't have the right medicine for it. I had a doctor tell me the other day its actually not as bad as the regular flu. But in answer to your question I can think of 6 my son, a kid in my dd's class, and 4 kiddos that have parents in the same platoon as my husband
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 8:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I don't mean that the flu itself isn't bad. I'm just thinking numbers. Because i haven't known anyone who has been affected yet. I'm sorry you had it. I hope you're feeling better though.
    Anonymous

• Watch now that I said that someone I know is gonna get sick. Or I will! *crossing fingers hoping I don't*
    Anonymous

• At least 40 students in the middle school (4th-6th grades) and school district I teach in, have been diagnosed and out with the swine flu--if things continue at this pace, it MIGHT lead to our school or some of the school's in the district having to close for a few days! "Shockingly" though washing our hands and using sanitizer religiously has kept me and many others from being affected.

*knock on wood!*

This article is from a month ago--more cases have been reported locally...I'm not worried about me or my family--none of us have compromised immune systems, and even if we were to contract this flu, I am confident we would be able to battle it with antibiotics--like you would with ANY cold/flu.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My friend's 6 year old son got it the first week of school. He was sick that week, she was vomited on repeatedly and in close contact with him the whole time. She didn't get it. I'm not worried. She said it was just slightly worse than the regular flu.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 8:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Four of my nieces and nephews.
    Their dad.
    Two of my cousins.
    And one of my friend's husband.

It seems like everyone we know has it.
    Anonymous

• Me and my kids have had it, My son currently has pnuemonia from it. So far he has not been hospitalized, but its a bad situation. My husband was just achy one day. I wish that was all my son had gotten from it. :(
    Anonymous