Sex during pregnancy, safe or not?

SO i've been wondering is sex during pregnancy safe? I've never heard that there is a negative effect on pregnant women, but when me and my husband have sex I start hurting really bad. It feels like he is reaching my insides. Sorry to be so specific but I didn't know if this might harm my baby.

LindaButler0507

Asked by LindaButler0507 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normally safe unless you are high risk. If it is causing pain you need to ask your doctor about it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yeah, talk to your doctor about the pain;

...most women say sex is more enjoyable during pregnancy, though you do have to get a little creative to stay comfortable when you get really big.

And in normal pregnancies it's perfectly safe, and even good for the baby to get those happy chemicals you release with it.
    Anonymous

• hahaha at the happy chemicals!
    LindaButler0507

Answer by LindaButler0507 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Thats happening to me too!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It happened to me too, it took DH and I some time to find positions where he wasn't getting as deep of penetration so it didn't hurt. Once we figured it out it was GREAT!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I HAD SEX UP TO THE NIGHT BEFOR I WENT IN AND HAD MY BABBY AND DIDNT HAVE ANY PAIN THE HOLE TIME .
    Anonymous