Would this piss you off?

I was out running errands today and I seen something that pissed me off! It was pretty nippy today and raining on and off. I'm driving down the road and I seen this woman walking her child down the road in a stroller. She didn't had the top part of it down to sheild the baby's face from the drizzle AND the baby had on nothing but a freaking diaper. I turned around. Yes, I admit it ladies, I was going back to say something to her. Most of the time, I mind my own damn business but I felt like SOMETHING needed to be said to her. I had planned on offering her a ride also but when I got back to that street she was gone. If you had seen this what would you have said/done?

Katrina3016

Asked by Katrina3016 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Why do people take their children out of the house without clothes on? I just dont get it. My daughter has never even went outside in just a diaper. That is terrible . . . the mom probably had a jacket on too, didn't she?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would have cussed her out! That is just sad!
    Anonymous

• Yes I would've been pissed to! How lazy of her!
    Anonymous

• i most likely would have done the same thing. thats just nuts.
    mommaburns

Answer by mommaburns at 8:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm not kidding ladies, the woman had on a NICE jacket!  I mean, NICE!  The baby was (looked to be) about 2.  She was screaming her head off and trying to block the drizzle from her face.  ERGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• BridgetC, I don't get it either.  I have 2 kids right now and they've never been outside without clothes on either, regardless of the weather.  I felt SO bad for that little girl. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would have been pissed too! I once got pissed on a city bus in the dead of winter with snow on the ground when these parents had their baby with nothing on his feet. Not even socks. He was clothed, but the no sock thing ticked me off! I can see no shoes because he was young, but at least socks, it was below freezing! It is my opinion that you do for your children FIRST and worry about your own fancy jacket (as the lady in this example from the OP) later.
    Anonymous

• I would have said something to her right then and there. Actually, I'm so sick of people being stupid with their kids that I would have offered her a ride, and then when I dropped her off and she knew I knew where she lived, told her "By the way, I work for CPS. Have a nice day." and driven off. ;) But that's the vindictive part of me that's tired of people being selfish and ignorant when it comes to the welfare of their children. :D
    shorty_7123

Answer by shorty_7123 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yelling at her would have just gotten her defensive and could have started big scene which the poor baby did not need. Maybe you could have offered her something to cover her baby with or if it looked like he was really in danger, not sure what the temp was, but CPs could have been called as well. THere are plenty of stupid people and it does make me angry, esp when they are all bundled up. but you're obviously not dealing with a normal human being here.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• EXACTLY!  I had on a short sleeve t-shirt, no jacket or anything.  Thats just me though, lol.  But my babies were with me and they were dressed for the weather.   Yes, that no sock thing would have pissed me off too!  And what I've noticed is that usually the women I see doing this (letting their children run around without any clothes on) are dressed very nicely!  I just don't understand.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009