Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay someone I need a bit of advice

found out I am 5 weeks pregnant, and here is the deal he doesnt want it he is 24 no kids no nothing.. I am pretty stressed right now i am young as well and got 2 little once and really dont need another one but at the same time i cant just abort it..
he hasnt talked to me at all since i told him and I guess now yesterday he meet this girl that is his one and only love.. what do I do have this baby even tho I wont get any help money or mentally or abort or adopt what to do some advice would be nice no bashing tho

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • You can still collect child support, if I'm not mistaken.  It seems like he is a jerk anyways since he's already moved onto the next chick.  You can do this!  You still have time to plan and save and get it together before your baby gets here.  Find some support, get some help, whatever you have to do. 


    Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

  • if hes the father you could take him to court after the baby is born of course and make him pay child support. i feel sorry for you. i dont know what i would do if my babys daddy did that to me. id be crushed.

    Answer by mommaburns at 8:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

  • i say have the child.. not only because i dont believe in abortion but because its your child. and you might regret it later on in life that you had an abortion and if he still wants nothing to do with his child, then just get him for child support.

    Answer by Jewels1986 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

  • Birth RIght works, I think, with moms who want to keep babies. Give them a call plus Displaced Homemakers - both are through your county's United Way.

    If you speak with your bf in a somewhat more calm setting tell him that if he changes his mind he has to go to counselling with you to help you both be good for each other and your childlren. Even if your other two children are not his, if he remains with you he must learn to respect those babies too as well as the new baby.

    Tell him that he will support the new baby being your partner or not but he will support the new baby.

    Get yourself an advocate for longterm, your family maybe his who cares for you. Keep yourself calm for your other babies and this new one AND FOR YOUR OWN WELLBEING.


    Answer by lfl at 8:57 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

  • I would keep the baby, get child support and let God take care of the rest. That child is a blessing whether planned or not..Congrats on your pregnancy..Im 7 weeks prego with baby number two. o and another thing..If he's 24 and still doesnt know how to grow up, be a man and take responsibility he will most likely stay that way..So just know that there's someone out there for you. You gotta go through some Mr. Wrongs to recognize the Mr. Right. Im sorry that your going through that.

    Answer by Sekzymexi at 11:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

  • You can get child support, whether he wants to pay or not. The ONLY way for him to get out of it is to sign his rights over to you (I believe someone has to be in place to adopt the child with you, like a husband or future boyfriend before he can sign them away, though). He helped make this child, and he has to help support this child, like it or not.
    I say have this child. If you want to keep the baby and raise him/her, do so. If you'd feel more comfortable with adoption, do that. I ALWAYS recommend against abortion. I don't believe in it, and those I know who have gotten them have greatly regretted it later on.
    Get on programs such as WIC, assisted housing, assisted daycare, etc until you get on your feet. It will help you to provide for your children, while being able to begin a better life. Goo luck.

    Answer by laird6372 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

  • Good luck*

    Answer by laird6372 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.