Due in 10 days..

How do I get her out?!

victoria.mommy

Asked by victoria.mommy at 8:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh sweetie, I'm right there with you, lol.  I'm 38 weeks and 2 days.  I've pulled the muscles in my side and back from the strain of this pregnancy and I'm SO ready to get this over with, lol.  BUT, remember, this WILL NOT last forever.  Try the usual stuff, walking, having sex, and I seen one woman on here the other day who swears by squats.  Try those!  Let me know if one works, lol.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Everyone says cod liver oil REALLY does work. I personally have never had the stomach to try it! Congratulations!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• What do you do with cod liver oil?  Where would you buy that at?  Hey, some of us are desperate here, LMFAO!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Haha, Spicy foods are giving me horrible heartburn now. Walking seemed like it was working, I was feeling her drop every time and then about a week ago she just stopped falling and I just got tired when I walked.. Sex is just sex.. I don't really want it anymore. But we still have it.. nothing seems to have changed.. My hips are always numb and I just want her out!
    victoria.mommy

Answer by victoria.mommy at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I can't really help you, just thought I'd share my experience, which is that my daughter had her own agenda. At my 38 week appointment, the midwife told me I was dilated 2 cm and effaced some (can't remember now how much) and said to have sex to try to move things along. That night my husband was like, sorry no sex for you until she's overdue. Because being the procrastinators we are, he had just started remodeling the master bath, the hospital bag wasn't packed, guest room wasn't ready (had someone come stay with the dogs, then family came out after) etc. etc. Yeah, she came three days later. Ha-ha. Luckily we had just finished getting the nursery ready and the car seat installed the day before she came. She's almost 8 weeks old now and my husband still isn't finished with the bathroom.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• So you're in the "Due Month" now, you could deliver anytime before Halloween, I should think.
    Try not to get caught up on days/numbers. That is a reference for the mid-point of the 4-week due period.

And remember, your body works!
    You were able to line up egg with sperm for conception.
    You grew the baby to perfection inside you for 9 months. (Amazing! Miraculous, don't you think!?)
    Continue to have faith in your body that knows what it is doing ~even if you don't.

Baby is still inside for a reason, right? You could try stuff, but where will you be (emotionally) if/when they don't work (which is typical)?
    Do you want to be strong, happy, aware, healthy, energized when you meet your baby?

Trust in this process that works. It is working now!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• just try to think "24" days left, then maybe you won't be so anxious. :) good luck! i hope s/he does come before then but just in case... be prepared for the long haul.
    Anonymous