have you ever..

been in jail? even for one night? for what??
and what did it make you realize..

i recently went to jail for one night and a day.. and it was the most horrible experience of my life. and not because they treated me bad but just being in the the looks you get and i dont know. i was in their for domestic battery. and i realized that theirs something i gotta do to change my life. it was a bad experience that i got alot out of. :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Personally...no. I have been been "in" jail...I actually am a Deputy and work at a jail with a block of females. I am so happy to hear that someone got something out of going to jail. The girls I deal with are repeat offenders...could care less about changing their lives...as long as you feed them 3 times a day and they have a TV. It's sad. I hope you don't ever have to go back to something like that. Best wishes!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I was arrested my third year in college for DWI. I was scared and humiliated and embarrassed to no end. My insurance went up quadruple. I lost my scholarship and my parents refused to help me. In court I felt like the scummiest human on earth. It cost me $1200 in fines PLUS court costs PLUS my attorney. I quit drinking that day and in 22 years I have never even wanted another drink. It is painful even now when I have to fill out paperwork for security clearances and such that I have to list the DWI convictions.
    Anonymous

• No but my DH did 6 months in a county jail..he turned 21 in there. He was the only one out of three equally guilty people to do time and get a felony on his record for something they did as a prank when they were 18, it took 2 yrs for it all to catch up to him. It was a non violent crime and he was devestated to be in jail. He was good, they made him a trustee and he shut up and did his time. I have read letters he wrote home to his mom, so sad. He totally learned his lesson. He has not so much as a parking ticket since then. He is now 42 with a good job and a great DH and dad of 3. Everybody deserves a second chance! Except child molesters etc.
    Anonymous

• no, just the fact a jail exist is enough deterent for me.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My brother was in and out of juvy as a teen, and then got locked up 2 wks after his 18Th bday and and was in for over 6 years. It made me realize how much you can miss out on when your in there- holidays, birthdays, births, deaths, etc. I learned through his mistake. As long as you learned from it and know that you need to change, I say good for you. Maybe it took that for you to realize you needed to change. Good Luck!!!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009