Do I or Don't I??

When do you know you're done having babies? I have 4 beautiful healthy children, 3 boys and one girl. Long story short, I had to go through IVF to conceive #1 and had leftover embryos, had it implanted and it never took. Got the whole "baby feeling" and spent a ton of $$ to try IVF again but it never took. I feel a little better about where I'm at now in my life but still can't shake the feeling of wanting one more. Cons, alot of $$ we really don't have, the strong possibility of it not taking (70%) and being 40 when I deliver. Has anyone else had these feelings and somehow dealt with them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't have the extra issues you do, but DH and I talked about having another child when he finally felt secure in working again. (A layoff put off plans for nearly two years.)

And after talking about it, we decided against. It's not that we couldn't...we just decided we weren't missing anything.

It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009