Has anyone forgot to leave money under kids pillow from the tooth fairy!?

I have been stressed out bickering with my husband and I swore I would never forget Santa's presents and Tooth Fairy and Easter bunny like my mom did.She was an alcoholic and forgot to put baskets out one time for my sister and I always thought I would never do that but last night I was so stressed with kids acting up that I forgot and I even wrote TOOTH on my hand which washed off when I got a bath.Well my daughter woke up and cried that the tooth fairy didn't come so I told her to keep looking for the money-in the meantime I ran to the basement to find quarters to put in an envelope and I went to her room and she wasn't in there and I told her did you look in your covers and she said no and found the envelope-wow what a save -that was a close one!!I will never do that again hopefully!!!Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Almost, hasn't happened yet, but it's been close! Good save by the way!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 9:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It has happened to me. And all I said was that your tooth must have come out sooner than it was supose to and the tooth fairy didn't have it marked on her calandar, ya bet I remembered the next night. Give yourself a break, it happens and thats a lot of teeth to cover!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Good Save!! You could always use the excuse "Wow the tooth fairy must have been really busy last night, I'm sure she will come tonight"
    Anonymous

• Mom! You did not screw up by being so stressed out last night! You saved the day! Case closed, your daughter has no clue, and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! We all have ( I call them) silly or mom moments and you fixed it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I have 4 kids and a husband that has to be at work at 5:00 am you would think getting up at 4:30 would help me remember but NO. I have forgotten a couple of times. One time I was the tooth still on the freezer so I picked up the tooth and put the money there while no one was watching and then said look I found money right where your tooth was!! He just figured that the tooth fair knew that there was a tooth to get so she got his where it layed!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It happened to me and I just told my daughter that the tooth fairy had a lot of deliveries to do and that she would probably drop it off the next night
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• This year mothers day. I told her that the tooth fairy takes mothers day off to spend with her kids lol
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• A few times. The first was with my oldest. We told her the tooth fairy probably couldn't get to her bed through the disaster area that was her room. She cleaned it up and we sneaked the money in the next night.
    Then when my middle daughter lost one of her last teeth I completely forgot. It fell out late at night and I was so tired it just slipped my mind. She was really upset so I told her the tooth fairy must be on vacation. Unfortunately she was still on vacation the next night so I gave up and handed her $1 and told her I would talk to the tooth fairy about the incident. We still laugh about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes, I've done the exact same thing before.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:15 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yep!

we just make sure to write a big note for the front door telling the tooth fairy to stop here please. lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2009