Do you support the Death Penalty?

With all the debate about PA and Welfare...how do you feel about having someone to support for a life sentence? Are you for the death penalty or for life?

sonja911

Asked by sonja911 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Death Penalty and i don't see why we have to get all fancy and expensive with it just take them out back and put a hole in them. Although I do only think that the death penalty is appropriate for sex offenders, murders, and anyone who harms a child.
    Anonymous

• For the DP but not for innocent babies why should they get a death penalty?

Not to turn your post into abortion debate but anyway just saying...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, I support the death penalty.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• PA and the death penalty are apples and oranges to me. I'm supportive of helping whoever needs it, including the few who milk the system as long as it means the honest folks out there still receive help.

I'm very supportive of the death penalty. I don't agree with prisoners being able to draw out their sentences for decades in order to appeal time and again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• For it. I would expedite the process, the sentence would be carried out within 60 days. I would also add sex offenders and instead of the 3 strikes life sentence law, it would be 3 strikes and the death penalty.

As long as I am on the subject, my jails and prisons would be very different. They would work their butts off and there would be no luxuries such as tv's, plastic surgery or spa's.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• 100% for it. I believe it needs to be reevaluated though. Now that we have better forensics people being sent to death by accident who are innocent will be very unlikely. Most of those cases were sentenced decades ago before the technology we have available today existed. Yes and there needs to be no more than a 2 year wait time to be killed.
    Anonymous

• As a nation we pay PA for peoples bills, food and daycare. We don't buy them pingpong tables, basketball courts, large screen televisions with cable and all of the other luxuries that make people in jail not fear jail. I've known several people who have been in jail and they've all said it wasn't so bad you got to work out, watch tv and hang out with the new friends you make there. The same friends who are treating you to be an even worse person when you get out.

That being said. Yes I do agree with the death penalty. I also agree with the two AP's we need to cut the bullshit and kill them right away. If its 100% proven with a confession why on Earth do they get appeals?
    Anonymous

• NOPE. The death penalty punishes the mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and sons and daughters left behind by the criminal far more than it does the actual guy who commited the crime. It's really quite barbaric and I don't know who decided that it's a-ok for the govt. to be a bunch of murderers.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely not. As a Christian, I value ALL life--from conception until natural death.

Anonymous