How many of you moms have sick children right now with the H1N1 virus?

Just wondering because my 18 mon old just got diagnosed today and I was wondering if anyone had any additional advice on what to do to help them feel better....

nikkireed18

Asked by nikkireed18 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• My daughter was ill a couple weeks ago and I emptied a couple of thawed out otter pops into a sippy cup and diluted it with some water, only makes a small amount, but she drank it so it served its purpose. You can also dilute some pear juice to see if that will settle in her tummy. Even if her tummy isn't bothering her I would probably stick to the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) for a few days, maybe some chicken and rice soup as well. Just do what you can to keep her comfortable and happy. Another way we used to get my daughter to take fluids was using a medicine dropper...it worked, it was tiny amounts, but we just did it often and did a little bit slowly each time. Good luck darlin, I know it is tough when they are sick, but you are doing just fine. =-) *hugs*
    Anonymous

• I know there are a lot of children absent from my daughter's elementary school right now. I heard it affects them each differently too, some get the fever and aches, some have the tummy issues to accompany it (ick). Just make sure he gets plenty of fluids and keep an eye on his fever. Keep moisture in the air with a humidifier or by boiling water on the stove. Baths always help them calm down and feel less achey too.
    Anonymous

• Thank you very much! Ive been trying to get her to drink and eat but she won't...the doctor said if it went on for three days then be concerned but its been almost two days...I guess Ill just keep trying.
    nikkireed18

Answer by nikkireed18 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My heart goes out to all of you mothers who are having to go through this!  Sorry, I'm pregnant and due any time now and I'm a bit emotional.  Did you see the post earlier about the woman who has the 1 year old child with it?  I cried SO hard!  I don't have any advice but I wanted to give my support anyways. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009