How do you decide whether or not to get the h1n1 vacc. for you and or your kids?

I know there is alot of info out there but can you believe it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• Yes, there is a lot of info out there. Read it and follow your gut instincts/motherly instincts. For me the deciding factor comes down to one thing, it hasn't been tested nearly long enough to have any clue what possible long term affects could be.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 9:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx#howvaccinemade

Study it
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Simple, we are 100% vax free. And I have not seen any added danger in this flu than there is in the normal every day flu, which we of course don't vax against...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• We are focusing on prevention. You can adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
    If you choose to get the H1N1 vaccine, I strongly urge you to (at least for small children) have your health care provider order the single dose preservative free vaccine. It is my understanding that the H1N1 vaccine will have Thimerisol/mercury. As with other vaccines, the H1N1 vaccine is expected to be 60-80% effective. For all of us, those who choose to vax and those who don't, prevention is key.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Here is what Dr Sears is saying about the vaccine: http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook  . if you read through the comments, you will see that he is not getting the vax. You catch a virus by coming in contact with it; this is why hand washing is so important. Did you know that viruses can live on paper money for 9 days? I had been resisting supplementing with probiotics until I read this: With all the hype about the upcoming flu epidemic, and the pros and cons of vaccination, how can we protect our children and ourselves? According to the results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled study reported in the August issue of PEDIATRICS, probiotics may be useful to prevent cold and influenza-like symptoms in children. cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Of 326 healthy children three to five years old, 104 were randomly assigned to receive placebo, 110 received _Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM_ and 112 received a combination of _L acidophilus NCFM_ and _Bifidobacterium animalis subsp lactis Bi-07_. The children were treated twice daily for 6 months... Read the rest of the article here:

http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/707328

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009