about some answers i got earlier

i know some of you said that i should try giving him prune juice if he is constipated. but i just remembered my friend giving her baby apple juice. could you use that or just prune juice, or do neither one? if you didn't see the other question my 3 month old is constipated and i can tell its really bothering him.

mommyofbrayd473

Asked by mommyofbrayd473 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had apple juice onhand when my daughter was constipated for the first time and that worked fine for her.  She pooped about a half hour after drinking a small amount.   If I'm not mistaken, she was around your babies age when that happened.  Maybe 2 months, if I'm remembering correctly. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Prune juice first then maybe supository, but talk to someone in the medical field/pharmacy first.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Three months is too early for juice. I didn't see your other question...breastfed or formula? If the former, not pooping is normal and not constipation UNLESS the eventual poops are hard dry pellets.

If the latter...any changes recently in the formula? Or vitamin drops? Those things can cause issues.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• he is formula feed but this happened a couple of days ago also and he finally pooped at about 1a.m. tuesday. but hasnt since. i havent changed anything about his eating habits. not even the amount. but i was hard but not like a ball it was just alot lot harder it almost didnt stick to the diaper.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i diluted apple with prune juice... they sell them in small portions gerber makes it..
    Anonymous

• If his diet hasn't changed, and his poop is hard, I'd check with the doctor.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My ped always suggested Pear juice. If there was still a problem then she would tell me to add a little Kero syrup to her juice. My oldest (now 4) had a lot of problem with this and the pear juice worked well when she was younger. Now is takes Benifiber everyday to help her out.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 10:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2009