Do you know who David Duchovny is? He's going to be a guest star on Extreme Homemakeover. Isn't that weird, on a show about respect of family and life that a sex addict would do that kind of show?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• I'm sure he doesn't feel that his entire identity is as a sex addict. When I hear his name I personally think of The X Files, not a sex addict. Also, he is a husband and father, and he's admitted to being an addict which I assume means he is getting treatment for it. I'm sure he values his family and families and life in general. Being an addict of any kind does not mean that respect does not or cannot exist.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• WOW, judgemental much? David Duchovny was on X-Files. and is married to Tea Leoni, they have 2 kids together. People make mistakes and he admitted he had a problem and went through treatment to take care of it. I don't think of a sex addict when I hear his name, I think of him on X-Files, a person just like anyone else. A person with any kind of addiction needs empathy, not judgement. Doesn't matter if the person is addicted to alcohol, drugs, porn, food, etc. They deserve respect, especially if they are getting treatment. I hope you never have any problems in your life that would cause someone to question your family values and ethics.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• hi tyfry7496 I do have problems in my life that people do question my family values and ethics just like you are questioning mine right now just like I am questioning Duchovny's.

The show is about for the most part family values that are good hearted but poor because of health, job loss.

And, unfortunately, I do have a family member addicted to porn hardcore tough to see this family member around children, women. If you had a family member w/a sex addiction you would not comment as you had. SO start practice porn.

Drug and alcohol addiction is not helped to overcome by placing the addict in a pharmacy to work or a liquor store to work in. Is it? I do have a relative who we hope has overcome a drug addiction after a full year in rehab. But we recognize that she must not work in a pharmacy or hospital, doctor's office.

Thank you for your thoughts for the world of respect for all no matter where any one's been in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• What do you do about politicians like David Vitter and Larry Craig?

Answer by rkoloms at 12:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• People still watch that show?!
    Anonymous

• I am SUPER excited! I love the show and I LOVE him!!! He is one of my all time favs! I will be glued to the TV!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2009

• Yeah, I know who he is. He's a favorite. I love The X-Files. Mmmm.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• mmmm, Duchovny.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2009