Anyone get pregnant while EXCLUSIVELY breastfeeding a baby under 6 months?

I know your not supposed to rely on BF for birth control but I read some information that said you have a really small chance of getting pregnant in the first 6 months of BF if you exclusively BF (no bottles, no solids, no pacifiers) so I'm just curious if anyone DID get pregnant while EBF a baby under 6 months of age.

Also had your period returned yet when you got pregnant?

(I know you can ovulate without having a period but if you DID get pregnant had your period returned yet?)

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Me!!! I got pregnant when my daughter was 5 months old. She was breastfed, no pacifiers and no bottles. My period returned when she was one month old!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes!!!!!! lmao... i have irish twins b/c of it lol... i got preggo 6 weeks post partum... on birth control... and ... ebf. so lol it is true what they say.. abstinence is the only 100% guarantee!
    idebusashes

Answer by idebusashes at 9:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My son was 5 months old, and still nursing for 45mins at a time (til I was empty) once an hour when I found out I was pregnant with number 2. And no, I did not get my period back.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Not me. But a good friend of mine got pregnant immediately. Her two youngest are ten months apart. She didn't know she was pregnant until she had an ultrasound for gallstones at five months!

I've seen many many moms get pregnant without ever having a period. If you don't want to be pregnant, please take precautions.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Yes, I did. My dd was almost 6 months when I found out I was pregnant with #2. I was EBF and had not gotten my period yet. The only way I knew I was pregnant was dd refused to nurse from me anymore, and I started getting pregnancy symptoms (really tired, stomach aches, etc). I still think the milk tasted different to her, but who knows. Plenty of ppl nurse throughout their whole pregnancy.
    After #2 was born I went on the mini-pill.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2009