Can you say anything good about the state you live in?

I live in NJ. I don't love Corzine but for some reason Christie scares me. What's your state government like, it's thoughts on health care, unemployment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I love TEXAS!
    Anonymous

• hi, op here. I love Texas too - years ago we were in Austin, our hotel was fantastic. And we went to Schlitterbahn. What a great great place. 12 years later we still would love to go back to Texas!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm from NJ too, feel exactly the same as you about Corzine and Christie...but as far as the rest of the state goes? I think its funny that we are considered the armpit of America, we have beautiful beaches, we're close to NYC, we have woods and wildlife and farms, lakes and mountains...I live in NW NJ and it is gorgeous here! Now, cost of living, that sucks, lol...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I also love Texas. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else! I live in Austin!
    Anonymous

• I live in Raleigh, NC and we're ALWAYS on the list of the top 10 places to live in America. It's wonderful - we actually have jobs here, housing market wasn't hit that hard, close to gorgeous sandy beaches and beautiful mountains! I was born and raised here and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Answer by missanc at 11:07 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm in PA. If it weren't for the nasty cold winters, it would be heaven on earth. Everyone under 18 is gaurenteed health insurance, unemployment is really low in this area, rolling hills of green for country folk and big beautiful cities for others. The culture in Pittsburgh is incredible and the education is out of this world!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Maryland!! It's got everything! farms, valleys, mountains, beaches, beautiful cities, disgusting cities, rednecks, thugs, emo, the rich and famous, and lots of snooty people Also be careful on the road.. we are insane drivers!!! Government-wise... ehh gold diggers like most politicians, education could be better- but that depends where you live. Healthcare, you can get help if you need it.
    Kristenfairy

Answer by Kristenfairy at 1:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I live in upstate NY, love it. beautiful mountains, wildlife hudson river views. quiet and awesome school system and very low crime. used to live in NYC, that's cool too. tons of museums, exhibits. MOMA, madam tusseauds, coney island, yankees empire state building, cant get better than this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009