Why...

...does my two year old insist on eating with her hands when there is a spoon and a fork right there!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Shes two. Its normal. Its faster and easier with the hands. Keep reminding her to use utensils and good luck.
    Anonymous

• Because it's so much more fun for them that way, lol
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Wish I knew the answer. Then maybe I could stop my 3yo from eating with his hands. Its a constant battle in our house, but hey at least I finally convinced him to chew with his mouth closed and not talk with food in his mouth so at least I am half way there.LOL.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My son is 5 and I still catch him eating with his hands. I think its because its more fun!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• It tastes better that way. :O)

Dunno. I still do it a lot myself, despite many long battles throughout my childhood. Depends on the food, because I have sensory issues with a lot of foods, anyway. But in my case, I'm autistic, and I do not always approach things the way other people do. I also avoid eating around other people as much as possible because people bitch so much about that chewing with mouth closed thing. But I have never been able to deal with the sound chewing makes inside my head if I chew that way. The only way around that is to eat when and where people can't watch me; I learned that one a long time ago. It's just the way it is.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 10:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• She can learn what the food feels like, and play with its squishiness. Plus, it's more fun!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I THINK IT IS NORMAL
    TRY TO EAT INFRONT OF HER USING FORK AND KNIFE MAY BE SHE WILL START DOING THE SAME LIKE YOU LATER BUT IN ALL CASES GIVE HER A BREAK SHE IS TWO !!!!
    fire

Answer by fire at 4:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2009