Technically speaking, are you full-term when you hit 36 weeks?

I mean, are you any more likely to go into labor at 36, 37, 38, 39, or 40 weeks? I read in a pregnancy book that 36 weeks is full-term, so what does that mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are most likely to go into labor at 41 weeks. and most consider 37+ to be term, but you also have to remember that a lot of babies aren't ready until much later.
    Anonymous

• i know books say that, but i believe 37+ weeks is preferreqd
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• haha sorry 10 month old attacked the laptop.....
    as i was sayingi think the lungs are best developed after 37 weeks. thats where full term comes in bc baby is fully developed.
    AmandaN1

• My doctor always says 37 weeks but even then babies lungs may not be ready yet. He told me that if he ever has to schedule a c-section or induction, he waits till 39.5 weeks because in his 25+ years of being an OBGYN some 39 weekers still have problems. My friend had a baby at 36 weeks and she was vented for 72 hours before they even worked on getting her off of it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:39 PM on Oct. 8, 2009