Anyone far along in their pregnancy, but no one believes them?

People are always saying I am carrying sooooo small, and I am 7 1/2 months!!! It makes me feel like something is wrong, even though I know nothing is. Anyone ever have that happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• People gave me crap during both my pregnancies that I looked too small. It was so annoying and sometimes it hurt my feelings. But I gave birth to a 7lb boy and an 8lb girl so it doesn't matter! Don't let it bother you. As long as your doctor says you're gaining enough weight, it's fine.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 11:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• YUP! With both of my pregnancies! I always carried very low and kind of small....you could never tell I was pregnant from behind, believe me you will probably balloon in the last few weeks!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I had the opposite problem. I was told that I looked like I was carring twins or when I was 7 months pregnant, people would say "wow, your about to pop" I only gained 18.5 pounds with my first pound being gained at 32 weeks. I work at a school and was helping out with the chior concert and one of the parents said "I am really worried about Vicki, she has put on alot of wieght" to one of the other teachers and the teacher said "Yeah, you are right, I guess that is what happens when you are 7.5 months pregnant" I can tell you, I only had 1 baby, no twins.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I did! I didn't show until I was 6 months pregnant, and even then it just looked like I was chubby in my stomach. By the time I was 9 months a big hoodie could deceive people! I only put on 20 lbs and lost it all right away. Don't worry!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• HAHAHA! I am 39 weeks and I haven't had anyone guess even close to how far along I am! Strangers usually think I'm 6-7 months and I had an actual nurse guess that I was 5 months. You're fine, especially if this is your first baby. Just pray that it means they'll be small when you push them out!!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2009