Now that I'm nine months....

I'm due in a few weeks and now my husband refuses to sleep with me. I can't help but feel hurt and rejected. Anyone else deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did... It didn't help I felt like a beached whale. Have you talked to him about it? Is it the way you look? Is he afraid to hurt the baby or put you into preterm labor? Talk to him. Tell him that you feel hurt and rejected, especially since this is the last few weeks before 2 becomes 3(?) Maybe he doesn't realize how you feel.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 9:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Some men are afraid of hurting the baby. My x did me right up until labor. He is a dog though. Don't feel rejected. He thinks he is protecting his child. lol, men are so stupid sometimes!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Has he told you why? My SO keeps rolling away from me and getting up in the night. He finally told me it's bc I'm "radioactive" hot and he's sweating to death. Apparently, this bun needs a hot oven.

If he's a jerk about this, have his mother or a sister put him in his place. This is a prime time to call in the reserves.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Mine is acting a little strange about sex recently (I'm also in my 9th month). He did this in the second trimester, saying he felt like he was going to squish the baby...but he said this time it's not really that, but more just knowing that the baby is so real now & that he just feels kind of awkward having sex with me while our son is there. Try talking to him, there could be many reasons he doesn't seem interested. Let him know how you feel too, he may not realize what you're feeling just like you may not realize what he's feeling.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks and up until 2 weeks ago my hubby and I were like rabbits. He just doesn't seem interested anymore... go to my page and read my journal titled "cockies (because it's as good as I'm gunna get), I promise, you aren't the only one!
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I know men like that. My ex had three kids and he didn't have sex with his ex at ALL during her pregnancies. My boyfriend was a different story...I wouldn't take it personally. He might just be nerved up because your baby is due so soon!
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 11:30 PM on Oct. 8, 2009