Diaherria

I got done with work today at 6 so my husband picked up our 29 month old from daycare. I had to run to pick up a few things after work one being supper. While I was unloading the car, my hubby was changing our son. I come in the house and smells of diaherria. I know I asked this question before but any other ideas to help get rid of it besides washing hands and keeping things sanitary?

jilligan362

Asked by jilligan362 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• B-bananas
    R-rice
    A-applesauce
    T-toast
    My son gets it bad when he gets antibiotics..in fact we are going through it now and this is all the advice they ever give me...looks like im going out tomorrow and buying some rice and baby banana food..bc he wont eat whole bananas
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 12:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i agree the BRAT diet works good. pedialite very little milk if any clear fluids only . and put the diaper out to the trash in its own bag. i would use sanitizer wipes on anything i touched. then spray everything butthe child with lysol best to you 3 :'(
    nanna63

Answer by nanna63 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My 1 yr old's doc suggested Culturelle. It comes in capsule form so take it apart and put half of it in a small amount of applesauce or yogurt, just to make sure they get it all. Her dr. said she could have a whole capsule in a day and she weighs 23 lbs. That should help heal what is going on in their stomach to stop the diarrhea.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thank you for reminding me about the BRAT diet. I couldn't for the life of me remember it. Thanks again ladies. I know my son loves everyone of the things on the brat diet.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2009