After baby question tmi

I had a baby 2 weeks ago, and i have a foul odor coming from me. is this normal, it smells so bad and btw im not really bleeding any more, just spotting here and there.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not normal. You need to let your doctor know so they can check you for infection.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I can't really say if it's normal or not, but I had the same thing. I was afraid to wash because I had had a lot of stitches. Once I was able to wash inside all the skin folds with Summer's Eve Feminine Wash the smell went away. I love Summer's Eve products. Good luck! If it doesn't go away after a couple days of really washing well, then call the doctor. You might have an infection.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I would call you doc. If your washing yourself well and it still smells, then you could have an infection. Is there any discharge?? Definitely call the doc!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I tore inside and out so I was really scared about touching myself to wash in the shower. I used the bottle they gave me to wash after using the restroom and patted dry then when I showered, I just kind of washed around the area and never had any issues with odor. So if I were you, I'd call the doctor to make sure you don't have an infection.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009