does this mean.............

I'm going to have this baby early. I have been having BH contractions since this past weekend and today they have been more frequent and all day when I'm either walking or doing something. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I really don't want this baby to come this early. Does this mean I am beginning to dilate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could mean that. Keep in mind though, that a lot of women (myself included) have braxton hicks for several weeks before they go into active labor. Make sure you're not doing too much physical activity. Take lots of rests between activities and drink plenty of water. When you lie down to rest, lie on your left side and breathe deep. As you exhale, try to imagine all of your muscles relaxing together. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• My friend just delivered her baby at 40 wks, and had been having BH contractions since 33 wks. It doesn't mean you will have the baby early. It's just your body getting itself ready for the big day- practice makes perfect!!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I had BH contractions for the better part of my last trimester for all of my babies and they all went to term or were delivered by planned c-section at 38 1/2 weeks. Don't worry about it. Get your glass of water and lay down to do your kick counts. If the kick count is still good then you should be ok.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 10:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I started getting my BH contractions around 26-28 weeks...& I still get them at just about 37weeks. I've heard it's normal to have them for quite awhile before baby actually comes. I've also heard you can be dilated for weeks before you go into labor, so even if you are starting to dilate that doesn't mean baby is a few days away or anything. Talk to your doctor about it though so they can keep an eye on you. Good luck!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2009