Back pain...but only on the right side?

I'm 15 weeks and the lower right side of my back hurt so bad after sitting for just a minute or 2. If I stay up and about it doesn't hurt. But, after sitting awhile when I get up it hurts to even walk. Why is this? The baby's not even that big yet. Could the baby still be on a nerve or something? Just wondering because I didn't get back aches until I was much further along with my son.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe its your kidney. it happened to me when i was pregno, turns out i was leaking protein in my urine. go to the doctor and do your tinkle test
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• omg let me tell you!!! i am 36 weeks and have been dealing with pain in the right side of my back for MONTHS now! mine started out little and now its so painful! it turned out to be my kidney! my urologist says when you get preggo that the right kidney always enlarges just a tiny bit, well mine did and my uterus continued to put so much pressure on it that my kidney is severly swollen and i have been on bedrest since JULY! so you def. need to talk to your doc about it, it could be nothing, im not trying to scare you...but you never know until you talk to your doctor! (oh and b/c of this kidney problem and my ureathra getting cut off im going to be induced within the next two weeks, so talk to your doc!)
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• it could also be your gallbladder... it was sort of toward the middle of the right side of my back... low and behold i had an ultrasound for it and i had a ton of stones, etc. and had it out after baby.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• its probably ur sciatica, its a nerve that gets pinched even when ur not far along (it happened with my first the WHOLE time) i couldnt even ride in the car, lay down on your back and put your knees up for about 20 minutes to take the pressure off.
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2009