I am hurt.

My boyfriend and I officially broke up a couple of months ago. However, we started seeing each other again because we both had some doubts. Things had gone reasonably well with the exception we weren't spending quite as much time together. Our dates always went well and we had great discussions about our feelings toward one another. In fact, we didn't argue at all. The biggest obstacle I felt we had was commitment. I am ready for a more serious commitment because we've already spent 2 years together. He is skeptical because of his first marriage that ended poorly and cost him a fortune. Our last date was almost 2 weeks ago. He told me how much I meant to him and how he loved me so much. We've always been very close and talk frequently. Then, this week we have only "talked" by texting . He is definitely pulling back and I refuse to chase him. I can only assume he has decided to let me go. Why do men pull away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• because we(girls) have the power to break them, and they are scared of that
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I much prefer being chased. Try being a bit more inconvient. The next time he text you wait a few hours before responding. When asks for a date on Friday tell him you've already made plans but maybe lunch on Saturday. It usually doesn't take long for them to start chasing. You just have to make him work for it.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 11:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• chase him honey if he is a good one.
    Anonymous

• Me again....Now I'm wondering how many others have experienced this in a relationship. Is this normal behavior in a serious relationship to almost cease contact to figure things out? I am positive there is noone else involved. Should I give him some space or move on? I guess I wonder why he hasn't told me he's done if that's the case.
    Anonymous

• He's just weight his options. Men who have been burned like to consider their futures carefully.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 11:05 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• With you just starting to date again after a break up, I wouldn't want to go to the next level very fast. The problem that broke you up is still there in his mind and heart (especially depending on who did the breaking up).
    Give him time to trust that it's going to be different this time.
    Patience never was one of my virtues but hopefully you've got it cause you're going to need it on this one. Once a woman has broke a man's heart and wallet it takes a good, patient woman to convince him that we're not all bad (and a prenup usually).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2009