Any updates on the NovaSure Endometrial ablation? I'm scheduled for tomorrow and I am nervous!

Anyone have any info or advice on the ablation procedure?

kristi-t-f-

Asked by kristi-t-f- at 10:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• I had an endometrial ablation done in April. I don't know about the NovaSure, but I am so happy I had mine done. I haven't had a period since, and since that is the reason I had it done, it's worked perfectly. Mine was done under general anasthetic, so I was groggy the first day, but I was feeling good the next day and back to work in a few days. There was some light bleeding, more like spotting, that lingered for about 3 weeks, but since then, nothing. I had actually looked into a partial hysterectomy because of my bad periods, but I would recommend the ablation to a friend. I'm very happy with the results. Good luck and I hope it goes well.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I had it done 2 weeks ago and I feel fine. I had it done in the office under local anesthetic and a cocktail of valium, vicodin, and some nausea pills about an hour before the procedure. I will be honest it did hurt during but it only lasts a few minutes and then it's over. I was awake through the whole thing. Hubby took me home, put me to bed, I slept 9 hours, woke for 1 hour, ate, then went back to bed for another 9 hours. When I got up the next morning I was weak, but wasn't in any pain and didn't need any pain meds at all after. I only had cramping for a couple hours right after the procedure. Have any other questions feel free to ask!! You will be fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:48 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• BTW I had the Novasure procedure.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:49 PM on Oct. 8, 2009