Is this my body "clearing out" for labor...or is it just acting up?? (TMI warning)

I apologize for the abundance of questions lately, I assure you all I AM talking to my doctor about all this as well, sometimes I just have some questions inbetween visits. Anyways, to the question. Today I have been having almost water-like bowel movements! My diet hasn't changed in the last few days other than the amount (yesterday it was a little hard to eat due to nausea) so I'm not so sure it would be disagreeing with anything I've eaten, but I'm wondering if this is the "clearing out" I've heard about that happens before labor?? If so, how long does it usually last before the actual labor starts?? I understand I am still early & that it could just be something my body is disagreeing with...just curious what other mom's out there think...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To go into labor, there are some increased hormones, some decreased hormones~ all this shifting and balancing... It's like an orchestra tuning up before the concert... They are all working on getting to the same place at the same time, eventually. Sometimes it's a sudden ramp-up and sometimes it's very slow and gradual.

As the hormones are shifting & rearranging we may notice signs and symptoms of pre/early labor. Depending on what is currently shifting at the moment, moms may/may not notice. It can take weeks to rev up and go through this stuff or just hours. Your body is getting ready for birth and this might be indication. When will it happen based on this?? No way to know.

You have been going through a lot! And it will be over soon...
    But only to be replaced with a new beginning!!
    ;-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Definitely sounds like the beginnings of labor to me, especially since you were nauseated the other day too. Can't tell you when it'll happen though cause I'm in the same boat as you, waiting on my first to come out! I'd be super excited if I started having nausea and diahrea! lol. Good luck! Keep an eye out for bloody snot in your panties (I know, yummy huh?) cause they say it's a good predictor too, usually labor will start within 48 hours of it.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 10:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• could be a sign mama-to-be! when I had loose watery bowels, I was had real contractions that evening and my son was born the next day!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2009