How can I get my signed up to receive christmas food snd gifts?

I am single working mother with 3 kids-13 boy, 10-boy, 3 year old girl.
It is hardd making ends meet when I do not qualify for any gov assistance. I would love for my kids to wake up christmas morning and open a few presents besides 1 that I give them only for the past 4 years.
I would be contempt if it it wasnt for the fact that my job has already informed me that I will not be working in December because business is slow- I work at a home entertainment company and since houses are not selling neither is our products. I will pray that you and the other members can help my family this Christmas. God bless you and any help or direction you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

machadofamily

Asked by machadofamily at 11:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• Perhaps you can join this group. =]

Anonymous

• I hope you have a good Christmas, and I can't really help you with where to go! I have no idea. But what about using this christmas as an opportunity to teach your kids about giving to others? Go help out in a shelter, serve a meal, have your kids buy something with their money for someone off the local angel tree? We only get our kids one gift for $10 or $15 at Christmas and birthdays. Sometimes we have done no gift. It all depends on what we can afford - which isn't much. We just enjoy the holiday with church and family.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Also see if their a Angel Food in your area. 

Other postings and information about the program is here.

Anonymous

• http://www.wishuponahero.com/
    Anonymous

• See if anyone would be willing to sign up you up for a home business for free so you can earn extra money. I'm sure someone will help.
    Anonymous

• find out about toys for tots or shop with a cop. Those are the most common in all areas of the U.S. but you might want to hury cause they have a time that you have to sign up by. Check into it before Thanksgiving and they help a lot. Also you can look into getting sponsered. They have a program that helps needy families during the holidays where someone adopts your family for Christmas. My brother had 5 kids and got adopted one year and the kids made out like bandits that year, and it was a good thing too cause he had just lost his job. Hope this helps
    bobbiesgirl1980

Answer by bobbiesgirl1980 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 20, 2009

• Thank you moms for your input. I tried all the resourced you have suggested to me. I hope my kids get adopted this christmas because they are really great kids who have been through the bad, the good and now the bad times again alongside with me. My purpose in life with my kids is to make sure they have experience the childhood that I never had. To be kid and enjoy every year as a kid their age would- not to grow up so fast and experience a type of life that too advance for a kids age. My childhood was always living in fear of the next molestation episode or being so scared to be left alone even after begging my sisters not to leave me. I grew up very quiet without a voice, no toys no sweets, mother on welfare all our life I dont remember being a kid. So please if anyone can adopt my kids this christmas I will be eternally grateful and blessed that I know I have been a good mother, which is why god has never abandoned me. XOXO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Oct. 21, 2009

• Hi again. I just realized i did not leave my name. This is Lorena from machadofamily.
    thanks again for your support and taking the time to read my story. xoxox : )
    Anonymous