Are you freaking out too about this H1N1 (swine flu thing going around)?

I have noticed alot of people are skeptical about getting the H1N1 or just a regular flu shot...I look at it like this I am only going for the regular flu shot bc this is all my body knows...lol I mean I am familiar with this and just as long as we do what is told to us to keep germs away I believe we will be fine. But for those of you who deal with the outside world on a regular basis I would just take every precaution possible to avoid getting this swine flu but for sure take a reg. flu shot if you still don't know what to do.

Why do they call it Swine Flu?.... it is not like it came from a pig....lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Health

• I am not freaked out at all. I do NOT freak out about stuff that I cannot control. No matter what you do, if you are going to get the flu, you are going to get the flu. You could never leave your house and you could still get sick. I have already gotten the flu shot and my son gets one tomorrow. Not sure on the Swine Flu shot though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• your body isnt use to the flu shot the flu shot changes year to year based on what type of flu the predict is going to go around now with that said no im not worried about it iv never gotten a flu shot and iv never had the flu. My baby will be getting both shots but hes high risk because he was a premie.
    Anonymous

• No, I'm not freaking out, I'm not worried at all... We are vax free and will stay that way. As I just answered in another question, as of yesterday our peds hasn't even seen a single case of H1N1 yet... I personally don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about all this... It's the flu people - not the plegue... With proper medical care there is no reason for this flu to be any worse than the regular flu. And it's healthier to get sick and fight it off than not to get sick at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I am freaking out abou it onlybecause my rock, my hubby is now freaking out about it. His hospital has put in new regulations and he is FREAKED out by what they are telling him. He won't tell me everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• They call it the swine flu because the conditions at pig feed lots caused the virus mutation.

My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I'll admit it - Iam totally freaked out!
    scarlett0720

Answer by scarlett0720 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2009