Would you feel guilty?

I feel so bad bc my daughter hardly touched her dinner she did not like what I made tonight and not to mention she has been a very bad girl whining, crying, saying she feels sick, not wanting to go to school I don't know what to think.
I don't know if she is going through something (with herself) but I try to comfort her anyway I can. But anyway she just did not want to eat (along with the crying).
She is sleeping now but the hell I had to go through..to calm her down.
She had a pretty good snack earlier, but still she is a thin girl as it is (then again I was like that too skinny) She did have the fever for 3 days now it finally broke now she has congestion in her chest (Mucinex) is helping so I don't know what else to do.

Do you have a little girl like this? (mine is 6yrs. old) It's just that the things she does is so old now...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds like a lonely little girls who misses being spending time with Mommy doing things. Why not get her in the kitchen to help you make something tomorrow. Let her choose the recipe. She'll get to spend more time with you and you'll get to find out what she really wants to eat.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 11:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• i agree with first poster..i also think that if she was sick you shouldve at least tried to give her something else to eat..you didnt have to make her something special..but toast or applesauce or something!! but i definetly think you should make a special date for you two.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No guilt trips necessary here. It sounds to me like she still isn't feeling very well. Probably needs a few more days to get better. She'll eat when she is hungry. That's what the pediatrician told me about my kids. They will let you know if you need to do supplements. As far as the rest goes for behavior. Be consistent. Sounds to me like she is frustrated and trying to find out if what you say goes. You can be kind, gentle and tender, but most importantly be consistent. So they know when you say something you mean it. She's only six, can you imagine sixteen? Let her know you love her, that certain behaviors are acceptable. She needs you to be the parent, love her and be consistent. No idle threats. They are smart.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 1:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2009

• She's sick! Of course she won't feel like eating! Of course she's going to be whiny! Her fever just broke, now her body has to recover! Kids don't always bounce back instantly!!!

Give her a break.
    Anonymous