• In the Spotlight:

over reacting or being a good mom

for whatever reason my DH has been drinking alot and it worries me and I have told him untill he decides whats important to him I will not leave our 6 month old baby with him home alone. I dont trust that he wont drink. I left him the other night for only 2 hours and came home to find my husband had been drinking. It mad me mad everyone thinks im over reacting. BUT THATS MY BABY and he needs to be safe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you are not over-reacting. you are being responsible, which is more than i can say for an adult who chooses to drink when they are alone with a baby. i know someone will disagree with you, but it won't be me!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:32 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• I dont think you're overreacting. Not at all. I'd do the same thing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• Excuse my mouth but HELL NO you aren't over reacting...you gave life to your child and you'll do anything to protect them!! I would never ever ever in a million years leave my child with anyone even my husband if i thought they wouldn't get or be able to get the attention they need. When my son was 2 months old he was a figity eater and would never stay still and it took him a while to eat bc he was transitioning from breast to bottle...and i left him with my hubby to go shopping for food and when i came home he was screaming crying bc my hsuband refused to keep trying to feed him bc he was moving too much...needless to say until he deployed to iraq that next month i did not leave them alone during bottle time. Its not that thye are bad parents Dad's just dont always have the same connection and feelings we have.
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 12:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• depends on how much he is drinking. one beer is ok, but it would be better if he would wait til he didnt have the baby. but i dont think a mom could ever over react , its natural bc we are MOM
    Kristenfairy

Answer by Kristenfairy at 1:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• NOT over-reacting AT ALL.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• maybe he's going through some issues idk but that is his son as well and i'm sure he'll take great care of him regardless if he's drinking or not, taking care of babies is stressfull enough maybe he just needed something to take the edge off idk but it is your husband you need to side with him and find a compromise not build more walls against each other... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• you're certainly NOT over reacting - mirit.rose, sorry but i dont agree with your comment. There's just no compromising if he's been drinking while he's suppose to be looking after his kid. If he could not control his drinking habit for just 2hours then that's a problem.
    mommies-boys

Answer by mommies-boys at 10:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009