Do u really have to sterlize bottles every time u clean them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well if you are cleaning it w/hot water and soap or in a dishwasher that sanitizes it. you don't have to boil them or anything like that every time. when you first open them its a good idea to do so, just to make sure anything from the packaging isn't on it, but otherwise, just wash them like you would something you are eating off of.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• its an extra precaution... and you can just toss them in the dishwasher, top rack. that's what we did. but if you really need one before you have clean ones, it should be fine to just wash it really well with hot soapy water and rise well then use it. :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2009

• yes ;)
    Anonymous

• nah as long as you are washing them with hot soapy water its fine. I dont put mine in the dishwasher because its not recommended so once a week i put them down in a tablespoon of bleech and a sink full of boiling hot water and let them sit for 5 mins then i rince with hot water and let them air dry.
    Anonymous

• Hot water and soap work great. Just make sure to rinse thoroughly.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• When my son was really young I did boil them every time I washed them but now that he's a little older (he's 5 months) I just wash them in hot soapy water. And about once a month let them soak in hot soapy bleach water. Hope that helps.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 4:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my dd is 11 1/2m i still put them in sterilizer after each use lol. but thats just me. and plus i dont have a dish washer so the idea of just washing with soap and water is not enough for me. after like 4-6m half of my friends just washed with hot water and soap nothing else. but just to be safe i sterilize.
    oksamar

Answer by oksamar at 8:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009