Anybody ever heard of Primerica?

I just wondered if it was a legit company. Is it a "have your own business" type of outfit? Or can you actually work for a paycheck, like in their offices? Someone came into our restaurant and told a co-worker that he is opening up anothe 3-4 offices in our area and needed personable people to work there. He said you could either make commissions (I am supposing by calling people to sign up) or work in the office. I think he said something about the office ~ I heard it third-hand.

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 11:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've known someone who does this. He used to always try to convince my Hubby and myself to work with Primerica. He kept bugging us about. I don't really know much about it, but I didn't like the fact that he kept hounding us about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It is another MLM, owned by Citibank (partially owned by the Saudi royal family)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I know a teacher who opened her own, she went through a bit of training.

I think she said they were financial planners. I met with ne once, i put my business card in a coffee house pot lol.

Theygive beautiful books to help you jot down dreams, financial goals etc...

It would mak sense that a Suadi Faily would partially own this company.

They dont beleive in Riba(Arab for debt), God id great he tols us in the bible not to be a debter.

I wish i could have done it buthad no real clue what the heck the guy was leaning towards.

I dont knoe how they get paid.

Thanks for the post I'm looking into these fields for work at home or my own office.

So far I'm with Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. waiting for Aflac and now you have given me some homework.

These types of careers are in demandl
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes, they are in demand. But at whose expense? And who really gets the profits from them? I can also find plenty of telemarketer jobs around here, but I do not want to do that. Call me a skeptic, but....
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 9:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I met with a consultant who worked for primerica & he was a financial advisor but, I know he had to do additional training/certfication with primerica. I know that he told me about some high risk non FDIC things that were supposed to have a high yield because of the risk. I didn't do it. Basically, he told me I could turn 10 grand inot a million by retirement. I didn't do it. I have also seen one of their offices in my area. I don't know anything about financial planning or their reputation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You are right to be skeptical, who walks into a restaurant and announces they are opening 3 or 4 new offices? If it were true, it would be on the front page of the newspaper. If it were a good job, especially in this economy, they wouldn't need to bother recruiting. People would be lining up by the hundreds. I did some computer searching on this company a while ago after receiving a call to go to a group interview. They had placed a blind ad in the help wanted classified so I sent them my resume. Anyway, what I learned from searching is the interview would be more of a sales pitch and we would have to pay money for their training. I didn't bother going. I had heard of this in college, where you think you're going for a job interview but you just get pressured into multi level marketing.

LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I think thats sneaky, wow Laura, never knew that.

We cant be sneaky with Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. we are dealing with lawyers and the law.

Thanks for the information.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thanks Laura! This is the type of info I was looking for. I just don't trust anybody who isn't completely honest with what their job opportunity is. I feel bad for young people ~ they haven't learned all these lessons yet and many will get sucked in.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2009