how long does it take for a baby to recover from a cold?

My son is 4 months old has a little cough and sneezing, really full nose, but no tempature and kinda irritable. What do u suggest I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there are some nose drops called "little noses" that stuff works great to dry up a runny nose. That is about all I can suggest. Oh, and lots of snuggle time, but I am sure you are already doing that :)
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• it depends on the child's immune system of how quickly they get over it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• omg this summer my 7 month old at the time had the worst cold. it lasted 2 weeks, he couldn't breath out of his nose and nothing worked! he had to learn breathing from his mouth and hated it! i felt so bad, but the dr said we have to wait it out; all we could do was buy a humidifier, try the nasal spray and give him lots of liquids. yeah whatever we took him to the Express Care and they gave him antibiotics which helped right away. That was his first and only cold so far.
    Kristenfairy

Answer by Kristenfairy at 12:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It depends on the cold, and on the immune system of your child. Whatever you do, don't get your baby any shots when he's sick, even with a little cold. It'll make the cold last FOREVER, because his immune system won't be working as well, and it will increase the likelihood of a reaction to the shot. I think the others have covered everything else. Humidifier, lots of liquids, and lots of cuddling. Hope he feels better soon.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:08 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My sons lasted about 2 weeks. I used "little noses" saline drops, and sucked his nose out a lot with the little nose sucker thing from the hospital.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• My son has a head cold right now, we've been using the Little Noses drops, a humidifier, and baby VapoRub. It's all helping, he's less stuffy every day.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009