Will you tell me a story? (all faiths encouraged to reply!)

I'd love to hear about how you faced a tragedy or fell to rock bottom, and how your faith pulled you through it.

I need some inspiration tonight. ...
TIA

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was suicidal, had no more hope for my life then becoming a prostitute or stripper and getting someone rich to provide for my lifebeing. I thought I was destined for hell, with no way out. But God pulled me out of there praise be to God! God also has savged me from my parent's I am a drug baby and was not well cared for. So that fact that I was born alive and am still alive today is a great miracle in itself same for my siblings :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I had a terrible 16th year! My lips had a awful skin fungus and blew up in size until God gave me a cure Burdock root I prayed for a cure and God heard me! I finally had my first kiss with my all accepting hubby who I am still married too. I thought my life was over... now I have 4 kids and married my love who can hardly tell anything was ever deformed about my pussy blisted ugly lips full of disease like pealin , it was hard to eat I could not open my mouth they were so dry!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• never stop praying! It took a year of living like this before my prayers were answered!
    God Hears, never quit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yes I was the butt of some peoples jokes at school, but it just made me tougher!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my hubby and I were on the brink of bitter divorce. I was in therapy and the day my therapist told me to change the locks on my door and not to let him back in someone knocked on my door and it was Jehovahs witnesses. I usually shoo them away but i was in such a horrible way that i thought it couldnt hurt. I listened and they happen to have literature on strengthening the family bond. soon i began taking bible studies and my entire life changed. I became stronger and slowly, my hubby changed as well. several years later and we are still together, he's studying the bible now and we are happier than we used to be. God is great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• JW is dangerous
    never stray from the King James Bible ,with added books and false bible versions they jw use!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• the jw bible is only used by them and it is false!beware of danger... i believe they love God but not the right way of grace! it is all works for them!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• anon 1:30/34 . The OP wanted inspirational stories. Not your hate filled lies about someones beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• what's wrong with works. people do it all the time. catholics have soup kitchens, you dont think God is looking at that and saying, that's a beautiful thing they are doing feeding the needy. If they want to go preaching, then let em. whats the big whoop.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I would appreciate it if this post remained on topic.

I am in need of a spirituality lift. My mom died almost 6 months ago. i'm kinda depressed. I need to hear something happy.

Thank you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009