has anyone

has anyone gone to couseling before? does it work?

Jewels1986

Asked by Jewels1986 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly, I've been to counseling for myself and then another time for my marriage and I'm now divorced and I'm still on anti-depressants. Maybe I just had crappy therapists though, who knows.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• OI have and i'm not sure that it really helped. If you have problems getting things out then maybe it will help but if that's not the issue i'm not sure they can help you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It can work if you make it work. If you can find a counselor/therapist that you feel most comfortable with and you feel like you can talk about things and work through them, then stick with it. I've been to counselors where I didn't feel like I could talk to them and others where I could. They're there to guide you along, but in the end, it's all up to you really. Just hope for the best and keep an open mind to what they have to say. Counselors are a lot different wherever you go.
    Squeax

Answer by Squeax at 12:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have had one that was useless and one that was wonderful. I successfully battle anxiety with the tools given me by a wonderful counselor I had. I had both anxiety and depression and could not fight both alone. She gave me help, encouragement, and tools to deal with it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:06 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i' want to go to couseling, but i cant afford it. i think i need someone to talk too.. and get tings out.. and idont have that..
    Jewels1986

Answer by Jewels1986 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2009