Question for women who left a bad relationship, and found a good man...

Did you find a good man the next time around? Or do you regret leaving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• it took me a year of dating bastards to come across my MR wonderful,,now im married and happy :) my first husband was an asshole who treated me like shit!
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 12:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I will NEVER, let me repeat NEVER regret leaving the bad abusive relationship. Yes, it is WAY better this time, but that "good man" doesnt come along if you arent ok with everything in your own life. If you are still stuck somewhere in your mind in that bad relationship you will never get anywhere in a new one. Dont ever look back when you got yourself out of a bad relationship.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I got the best advice when someone told me, "Don't try to find love. Let love find you". Well, that's just what I did. Sometimes it takes a while, but there's always hope.
    Squeax

Answer by Squeax at 12:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I found a WONDERFUL man! We've been together for 5 yrs now & have 2 kids. He's so much the exact opposite of my Ex. He's kind, loving, generous. A great dad. He listens. He tells me every day when he comes home from work that he missed me. when we were dating, he drove 24 hours straight across the country to come see me at my mom's because he missed me so much. He is the best guy ever. I never imagined as a bad as my Ex was to me that I would ever feel happy or feel good about myself again but its true..it can happen. Everytime I look at him it makes me so greatful that i found him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Also, when you move forward, don't look back. Give the next man the benefit of the doubt until he does you wrong. Putting all the past relationships on a new one can be really hard when you're trying to find stability in one.
    Squeax

Answer by Squeax at 12:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my sons father is a total assface (he left when cooper was 3 weeks old and hasnt seen him since (cooper is now almost 2) i dated a few "good" guys after hoim but they just werent right for me..but now im with the love of my life (even tho we havent been together long we know its real) he plans on adopting cooper as soon as we get married. which should be soon because we plan on getting married before he goes to basic training (hes going into the navy)
    nillamilkshake

Answer by nillamilkshake at 12:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I went to school w/ Mr. Right and we dated back then too. We kinda lost touch and I got pregnant by a douchebag. I wasn't happy with him. He was an ass and a bad father. Mr. Right and I got back in touch. He was always a sweety and being a mom changed the way I saw things including him. I had new values. I always liked him, but I was very impressed by what a good person he was. I cheated with him then left "baby daddy." We're now happily living together w/out any contact with that jerk. I guess I got lucky since it happened so fast and easy. DD loves him like no one else.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:40 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Oh, yes. I found a good man.

NEVER regret leaving a bad relationship! Better to be ALONE FOREVER than to be in a bad relationship!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I will never, NEVER, regret leaving my first husband. He was extremely abusive and the best thing I ever did was leave him. It was difficult, it was emotional, I doubted myself at the time, but it was the right thing to do for myself, and our daughter. I married two more times after that, and although they weren't abusive relationships, they were not good ones either. I have just married for the fourth AND FINAL time. I have a good man, he loves me, respects me, and appreciates me. My first husband remarried after our divorce and is still married to the same woman. He beat her for 20 years and I believe the only reason he stopped (if he really did stop) is that he just got too damned old to hit her anymore.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2009