i have a female question that i am embaressed to ask

but any ways, my mom never was good with talking to me about womanly things. so me and my LT boyfriend decided to have another kid, i stoped my birth control today.. so when can i get pregnate again? i mean do i try before my period or after. im confused on the whole cyle thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It depends and is different for every person. You may get pregnant right away or it may take a while. If you want the baby now go ahead and start trying. Def after first period you can get preg.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You're fertile cycle is 7 to 14 days after your period. A good general rule of thumb would be those two weeks in the middle of the 28 days. Say you have your period on November 1 - then November 7-14 would (or should) be about the time your are ovulating.
    Also I wouldn't expect a pregnancy for at least 4 months. Yes, it can happen before and in some cases take a little longer, but 4 months is a good average for after you've stopped birth control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• everyone is diffrent ive heard before your period and after your period but me being so special its during my period but just start trying again... if you have to go every day it might seem extreem but it should work your hitting every day lol
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 1:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I have an unusually long cycle so I have to count backwards from when my next period would start 14 days and that is when I ovulate, I should be furtile for about three days before and the day after. Thats what I was told at least, still trying, but its only been 9 months.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I concieved about 2 weeks after my period.
    .carrie.

Answer by .carrie. at 2:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Once you stop taking the pill, the hormones are out of your body quickly, usually within a couple of days. When the hormones are gone your body needs to start again on its own to function. That mean it will start producing follicles again, which eventually lead you to ovulate. Everybody acts differently, some may take a couple of weeks to ovulate, other may take some months, but in general your body should be in "normal mode" within less than two to three months after stopping the pill. So if you now ovulate normally, that means your body is back to its normal rhythm.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53641

Good LUCK!
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 2:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You can learn about your cycle (so you know when you're fertile/not fertile) in here .

And:   What is FAM?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Don't be embarrassed to ask those questions here! That's what cafemom and the anon button are for!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009