is it true labor?

my stomach has been tightning and releasing for almost a weeks now. they were 17 min apart and yesterday they were 10 min apart till today (thursday 10/8/09) they started this morning at 10 min then went to 8 during the afternoon they got to 5 min apart and sence about 5pm they have been 3 min apart..

i dont want to have to go to the hospital if i dont have too, they dont hurt one bit with my son they didn't either i thought he was pushing his butt up in the air came to find out i was 90% effaced and 4-5 cm dialated and bulging.

wed i went to docters they checked me and i was 80% effaced and a pinky finger tip dialated... what to do?

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 1:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like labor to me...call doc to know for sure.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Err, with the contractions alone, it seems like you're in labor and I would boot scoot and boogie to the hospital.
    I can't believe you're on though! lol. When I was in labor, I was pretty incompetent during those times, and it didn't even manage to be 3 minutes, More like.. 5?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i can feel the presure in my butt but other than that and the tightining im not in any pain what so ever they dont even feel menstural crapish ... i had worse pain earlier on in my preg. thats why im so confused.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 1:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I dunno. I had that a few times, and it was nothing, and the real labor hurt like hell. But from your previous experience, you don't seem to feel much pain from the contractions, so it could be real labor for you. Hope everything goes well.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:29 AM on Oct. 9, 2009