Bullying/Teasing

What do you do when a friend has told you their child told them that your child and a couple of other kids are being teased at school?
I've asked my daughter about it but she says no one's being mean to her but I've already been wondering for a while if it was happening because of things she'd say. I've heard her tell her little sister "You're a loser, and you'll always be a loser", "you don't have any friends and you never will", "no one likes you and they never will", "you're a weirdo, you're stupid, you're an idiot" etc.
She won't admit to me that it's happening, but she does tell me that she prefers to play by herself at recess.
They're making fun of one for whining, one for their speech problem and I don't know what they're saying to my child yet. She won't tell me anything at all.
I don't know what to do to help her. Councellor, teacher, principal? Should I wait till she admits it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• do all 3 I was bullied and was too embarresed to ask for help get her out of that school or homeschool her? I was having very scary thoughts at that time! help her sos!asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• share with her what has happened to you as child (if you ofcourse were bullied or was the bully) then she can open up to you ,and dont be a bully hater,every bully i have met is a child not at all cared for at home or just has such careless parents they run loose and do as they please.i have met 2 that tried to get crazy on my kid and one is so not even acknowledge at home,i actually started asking him how school was and now he just tells me on his own,the other lives in a home that cps would love to find and he is excused by grandma all the time and mom is just too tired to do anything that one i totally keep my son away from but i understand his problem.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• get her to point out the kids in a yearbook then report them! darn cruel kids can make life hell!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• yes she could become suicidal/homicidal if this is not addressed let alone ruin her acedemics! forget the poor bully comment... this is your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• these bullies should be suspended! They will just pick out a new target to get their kicks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• middle school bullies are the worst!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• oh come on im not saying "poor bully" ofcourse your kid is first,all im saying is dont hate them just fix the problem
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:57 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• have a meeting w/out her and bring your yearbook do not tell her u are doing this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Thanks... I can't get her to tell me it's happening tho. Another kid told his Mom and she told me even tho I suspected. I ask every single day how school was, who she played with at recess/what did you play at recess?
    She just won't admit it to me. She's one of those see the good in everyone kind of kids and I'm not sure if she even realizes they're being mean.
    That other girl does have a speech problem and it breaks my heart that they're teasing her for that. There's nothing she did to cause her speech to be that way.
    I just don't know what to do with her not admitting it's happening. I've told teachers before that I suspected it was happening and I'm not sure who it is that I can go to that will get something done to stop it from happening on the playground. I've considered homeschooling but I don't think I'm qualified to teach her properly. She has a learning disability and A.D.D. so it's not even easy for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• a boy who etched on my desk when I was in middle school I was ugly. I found out he fell out of a tree to his death so pls. tell her this... hope it makes her feel better, poor dear!
    Anonymous