delivery room crisis

i was with my feance for 8 months and i was 7 months preg when him and i split up just because i was living with my mom and now im on my own and he is living with his new girlfriend. he asked me today if my mom is going to be watching my son then can his girlfriend be in the delivery room i dont know how close they are because he keeps on saying that he is comming home to me soon. but she is hopeing for a boy and she has 4 girls now, shes got a bassanet, highchair and couple outfits.

does it seem weird to you i need some serious advice i just dont know what to do and i asked him over text if he would be mad if i just wanted it to be us in there and her come in to visit later because my thought its our baby we were alone when this pride n joy was created shouldnt it be the same when the baby is brought into this world its our baby not ours and hers?!?

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 2:01 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Huh... sorry I could follow any of that....???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• You get to choose who gets to be in the delivery room, period. I would definitely NOT allow my ex's new lady in the deliver room if that is what you are asking... not sure...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• wait are you saying he asked you if the new girlfriend could be in there? or his mom? If it's the new girlfriend I would say no, even if you're not together I wouldn't understand why he would choose her to share a special moment like his child being born and it's not even from her. If it is his mom, i would say consider it-it is her grandchild and his child as much as it is yours but childbirth should be an experience that is shared with meaningful people. good luck and congrats.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• my ex is now with and another female and he wants her in the delivery room with him and i ... she has a bassinet and some baby stuff.. i dont know if its a boy or girl she wants a boy and we want a girl ... i just needed some advice on what to do because i dont want her there but i dont want to cause waves between him and i . i asked him if he would be mad if i said that i just wanted him and i in the delivery room and he said we would talk later and thats always his way of avoiding a talk about something majorly important and im 38 weeks right now and contracting so i just wanted some advice.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 2:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, the answer is really out of your hands. Because of the swine flu you can only have two people there max. If that. And since they have kids, you need to protect yourself from the flu. So, Tell him No. Noone there except you and your mom. (And him if you want him.) although, I am not following why you want someone who treats you like that. And what do you mean she is hoping for a boy? It isn't HER baby...????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• its his girl friend ladies not mom , and i do want to say no but i dont want to cause a whole ordeal between him and i. because im afraid if i do then well im going to be stuck by myself in the delivery room, with out him and with out MY mom because she will be watching my son.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 2:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• well if he's going to let you not wanting his girlfriend in the delivery room with you get in the way of his child being born then maybe he doesn't deserve the experience at all! I think you are right by thinking that she shouldn't be in there and letting her visit after the baby is born and even that I think is going above and beyond..how serious is this relationship? I applaud you because it seems like you are trying to be very civil about the situation, not all of us have that gift...lol!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Well, then I guess you just have to make up your mind what is more important to you... Being in the delivery room with your ex and his NEW GIRLFRIEND who HOPES You have a boy... WTF? Or Doing what you really want to do and tell him NO, and bring this new child into the world with just you there to enjoy it?? Whatever you decide, Good luck, and congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Hold it... he has only been seeing her for 6 weeks or so?
    WHY. WHY, WHY would even consider letting her in the room. It is not like she is a long term relationship, he barely knows her. I would rather be alone then have my ex's new gf in the room. If he is any kind of man...which I doubt since he broke up with his 7months along prego girlfriend, he will show up and leave the new chick at home.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• i cant say its true but i honestly think that she thinks that if my child is a boy she is going to get her hands on the baby like im a cerget mom... haha its kinda funny because no thats not going to happen. its just blown my mind that shes got all this baby stuff and yet thinking im blind to it. im pregnant not utterly stupid. and i do want to tell him no and right now he wants or sais hes going to come home with the baby but i dont know how true that is and im not trying to cause waves but ive already in the past experessed my fealing to him about her like the words "home wrecking Who$e" oops my true fealing and im sure all of you in my situation would surely agree.
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 2:24 AM on Oct. 9, 2009