i know this is an over-asked question...but is this a false alarm or could it be it??

yesterday i was a little on the nauseous side, just wasn't feeling "right". today i started getting watery bowels. now i'm feeling really uncomfortable! my back hurts, my head is starting to hurt, & any way i change positions doesn't seem to make the discomfort go away. i am 36weeks 6days & i am pretty sure i am at least close...but could this be it?? what should i be looking for or waiting for or noticing?? i don't think i'm contracting, but with how uncomfortable my back is i don't think i can tell either way, but i do know he's been balling up a lot the last few hours which i was told could mean i'm contracting?? IDK, i am at a total loss right now & am just really uncomfortable...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 2:32 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• crampy in the back is how i felt when I had my first kid at 36 wks. Drink a glass or two of water (being even a little dehydrated can do that) and lay down and see if it makes it stop, . The bowels that you have been having can happen before labor starts. if you get concerned go into L&D to be checked. it could be it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• this sounds to me like the kind of thing that could be going on and off for weeks. try to just assume that labor is not coming. you don't need to really watch out for it, you will know what it's actually here, and that might help you relax. :) good luck! now if you have contractions every few minutes for an hour, then you might want to start paying attention ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Back pain might be baby moving into a position or just staying in one position that presses into your back. Drink more water. How's your blood pressure?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• as of this morning my BP is 132/81 but my back pain has increased, I could barely sleep last night. i see my doctor in an hour for another NST so I'm going to let her know whats up & see what she says. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 9, 2009