how long did it take you to get back to your normal weight after you had your baby? And what exercises are good to know to lose baby weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It took me about 9 months..
    rOEY802

Answer by rOEY802 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• well....before i got prego i was a size 9....The week after i had the baby I was a size 18-20 (yeah i know) It has been 3 years and i am now a 14 however i did not start really working out and eating right until about 6 months ago! LOL so i don't really know however my sister lost all her baby weight within 6 months by eating really well and doing yoga...she didn't take classes or anything she just bought a dvd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It took about 7 months. I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight when I found out I was pregnant again. LOL
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• With my first about 9 months. I was a size 2 before getting pregnant and after hovered between a 4 and a 6 for a long time. With my second (who was born this past June) I'm still trying to lose about 10 lbs. Right now I'm a 4 and can squeeze into my pre-pregnancy jeans but they are tight. For exercise, I run 6 to 8 miles every morning and resistance train 3 times a week. I'm breastfeeding right now so not too much I can do about dieting except to eat healthy.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:23 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Everyone hates me because I can wear my size 5 jeans only 3 weeks after giving birth. I gained 35 lbs during pregnancy. I have a naturally fast metabolism. Wish I could help others with a magic way of dropping the weight.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was back in my prepreg jeans within the first month, and now a year later am below my prepreg weight and all my pants are too big. I owe it all to nursing, haven't exercised much. I'm worried when I stop nursing that I'll put the weight back on so haven't bought pants that actually fit yet.
    Mommy_Carebear

Answer by Mommy_Carebear at 8:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Technically, I never did. I did get back to a weight that I had been pre-pregnancy but it was more than what I weighed when I got pg with ds. Now I am pg again and getting ready to deliver so I hope i will be more motivated to lose it this time. Last time I wasn't because I knew I wanted to get pg and I would only gain it back.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 8:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Everyone hated me too. I lost all baby weight in a week. I was 121 when I got pregnant, gained 63 lbs with triplets and weighed 114 when I left the hospital, but I also had a hysterectomy. A belly wrap helps a lot with the tightening of the muscles quickly. My situation was a little different than most because I delivered 2 vaginally, 1 by c- section, then had a hysterectomy hours later. My body and hormones were screwed up for a while and I guess it kind of helped that I really did not have an appetite for a month. I forced myself to eat a half of a peanut butter sandwich a day.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 8:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I was 115 before I got pregnant and I gained 50 pounds while pregnant. I lost 20 in the first 2 months or so but the other 30 I had to work at. It took me around 9 more months to lost those 30 pounds and get back down to my pre preg weight. Now my daughter is 2 and I'm 2 pounds below my pre-preg weight. I'm only 5'1 so 165 did not look good on me.

I did a combination of cardio to lose the weight, and pilates to tone. At first whenI need to burn more calories I did 4 days of cardio at 30-40 minutes (or the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 5 days a week) and on my off days I did Pilates. It's not easy or quick which I think it what most people are lookign for, but it works. I don't/can't/won't diet so I just watch my portions instead. Good luck!
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 9:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• About 2 months
    Walking and low impact aerobics.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Oct. 9, 2009