What do you eat off of?

Its just a regular Thursday night. Your not pressed for time, no one is coming over for dinner, its not a special occasion... just time to feed the family.
What do you eat off of? Regular dishes? Plastic? Paper plates? Something nice, or something super indestructable? What about your glasses and silverware? Do you use paper napkins or cloth?

Cara5

Asked by Cara5 at 4:03 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We always use our dishes, good silverware and real glasses.
    I don't even have paper plates or plastic cups...
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 4:05 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• It really depends on what we're eating. Tonight we used regular dishes, silverware and glasses. But we had a good meal. But like Monday or Tuesday we had sloppy joes, and we ate off paper plates.
    meganmaughan

Answer by meganmaughan at 4:25 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Depends on what we are eating. Sandwiches, delivery pizza, tacos, something like that, we often use paper plates. But a nice meal, spaghetti, meatloaf, we use regular dishes. Basically, I do it as if we don't need a fork, we use paper plates. We pretty much always use real glasses, and I don't even own any cloth napkins b/c my kids would try to turn them into towels.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We always use our nice dishes, silver and glasses unless we are eating outside. We use cloth napkins on holidays and special occasions. Paper napkins on other days.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• We dont have any "nice" dishes. We have almost all glass/ceramic, metal, and very little plastic.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 7:04 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• regular dishes. The paper plates have gotten smaller and narrower over the years. If you want the decent plates youhave to pay up. The ones from the pizzeria are a joke. They ar as thin as monopoly money. I just used regular plates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Depends on what I cooked. On a normal night we eat off of paper plates. If I cooked something that's a little more "messy" (like has gravy with it) then we break out the plastic plates. They are pretty rainbow colors and I got them at Wal-mart during the summer in their picnic section when the kids were little so we would have plates they couldn't break. The kids also have smaller plastic plates from when they were toddlers that they use for sandwiches and stuff.
    The only time I bring out the "nice" stuff is holidays. And those plates are just the set with the blue flowers that almost every family seems to have (my mom got them at the grocery store for buying stuff, lol). We have a set of china but I never get it out because I'm afraid the kids will break it.
    We use our regular silverware and plastic tumblers that match the plates.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:51 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• paper plates mostly but we do occasionally use real dishes and we usually drink out of the can of what ever soft drink we drink but the girls drink their juice from plastic cups.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:11 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• most of the time it is regular plates and regular glassware. Pizza night if I have any in the house we will do the paper plate thing. When we go camping it is paper plates, plastic cups and 50/50 on the plastic tableware VS silverware. I would never think bad of anyone who served me dinner on paperplates or if I found out they used them....To each his own. I have a dishwasher so using the real thing isn't an issue for me because I am no longer standing at the sink for an hour + each night washing dishes
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The only time we use paper plates is when it's pizza night. We regularly use paper napkins, but on special occasions, we use cloth!
    Kelly4270

Answer by Kelly4270 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 9, 2009