Do you think God forgives those who've had an abortion?

Or do you think at some point you have to answer for it? Not trying to stir up controversy. I really want to know. I think there are alot of women who've had an abortion before ever having a child who were too young to really comprehend their actions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Oct. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, if the person is really sorry then they can absolutely be forgiven. That's just how awesome God is. Even though sometimes people make terrible mistakes in life. He will forgive anybody if they're honestly sorry and not just saying it because they did something wrong.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 6:42 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• No sin is greater than another, all of it is the same to Him. God forgives anything if we confess,repent, and ask for forgiveness. He wipes the slate completely clean. He's just that merciful. :-)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:43 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• God will forgive them if they are truly repentant and if they confess what they have done as a sin against Him and ask for His forgiveness. 1 John 1:9
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• eh...what ^they said.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:49 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes, I agree with the previous answers. God's mercy is there for all of us, whatever we have done.
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 7:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• There is no big sin or little sin...sin is sin...and God forgives it all!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• Yes! :o)
    s.a.d.k.mommy

Answer by s.a.d.k.mommy at 8:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• I am Catholic, and I was taught God will forgive those who ask.

I have noticed that woman who are suffering from the pain of abortion tend to be more sorry for their actions. I have come across many woman who have been forgiven by God but can't forgive their actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• According to the Quran, what we muslims believe to be the final revelation, every sin CAN be forgiven except the sin of associating partners with God and worshiping others. However this is at the complete mercy of Allah.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:16 AM on Oct. 9, 2009

• The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2009